[Spits] Brakes

Doug Braun doug at dougbraun.com
Mon Jun 30 12:48:47 MDT 2014

Is the "tipping valve" at the rear of the M/C properly put together?
This is open when the pedal is up, to allow the reservoir to communicate
with the cylinder, and
it closes as soon as you press the pedal, so that pressure can build up in
the cylinder.

Normally, a bad seal anywhere will allow fluid to leak out onto the ground
(or your foot!), but
a bad tipping valve will allow the fluid to leak back into the reservoir.

In any case, make sure you check EVERYWHERE for a leak!
Is fluid being used up as you try to use the brakes?

Doug