[Spits] Uh-oh - clutch release fork pin

Kevin Rhodes krhodes1 at maine.rr.com
Thu Jun 6 16:32:33 MDT 2013

My clutch has felt a little funny this season, inconsistent and even a bit
grabby. Went poking around under the hood and it looks like that @#$@@##@
pin that retains the release fork has left the premises. I KNEW I should
have replaced the $@#$@#$# thing with a bolt when I last had the
transmission out of the car - I had to tap it back into place once many
years ago. Any bets on whether I can get it into position to get a bolt
through there with the engine and trans in the car. ? Looks like the fork
has moved such that I can just see the edge of it in the hole, I am hoping I
can get it moved into place with a thin screwdriver and/or a pick or
something.

I can't complain too loudly, this is the first thing that has fallen off the
little guy in YEARS! I really should just make the effort to take the box
out and figure out why it is marking its territory like the Exxon Valdez.
Then again, it's summer in Maine - I want to drive!

Kevin Rhodes

Westbrook, Maine

Freddie the Spitfire (owned 18 years now - one of us is getting OLD)