[Spits] Spitfire 1500 Oil Coller

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Sat Sep 29 17:48:05 MDT 2012

Hi,

I am installing an oil cooler on my Spitfire, but have a few questions.

This is on a 1500 with a slanted radiator.
Should the oil cooler parallel the radiator or should it be vertical?
How far in front of the radiator should the cooler be?
Has anyone used the Victoria British stainless steel installation kit on
a 1500?  Were the hoses long enough?

My engine is out of the car at the moment and measuring to where I think
the oil filter is, makes me think the hose in the kit is a bit shorter
than I would like.

Thanks,
Roger Elliott