[Spits] Cam Bearings in 1500

Bill Gingerich wrgingerich at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 17:19:24 MDT 2012

Was it the #3 rod?

I've never seen bearings for what you're talking about.  It seems like an
awful lot of work to avoid finding a small journal cam.  Perhaps your
existing cam can be machined down to the correct size.  But I'm with Joe on
this one - leave the block alone.

If you haven't already, seriously consider enlarging the oil galley in the
block as per the competition prep manual.  It helps that #3 rod bearing live
longer.

I don't know if there is a trick to putting the bearings.  I was considering
doing this when I did my 1500 several years ago, but decided to let it ride.

Joe - any wisdom on installing the bearings in the block?

BillG
74 Spit