[Spits] Cam Bearings in 1500

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Fri Sep 21 11:32:58 MDT 2012

Hi,

I am rebuilding the bottom end of my engine - bad rod bearing.

My cam looks like it is in good shape and is only a couple years old. I will ask shop to verify.

I am thinking about having cam bearings installed - I have read arguments on both sides.

As I understand it, the normal process is to install cam bearings then use an earlier small journal cam.  Is there a bearing set that will allow me to use the large journal cam I have?   I realize the block would have to be bored out to accept larger bearings.

Thanks,
Roger Elliott
1980 Spitfire