[Spits] Lower rear fender finishing strip

Doug Braun doug at dougbraun.com
Thu Jul 19 16:00:45 MDT 2012

Hello,

Do you know that finishing strip that covers the bottom edge of the rear
fender, behind the rear wheel (Part #715821)?
I ought to replace one of mine, and I found to my surprise that vendors
carry that part.

Has anybody ever replaced one?  Is the part currently available well-made?
Is removing the old one simply a matter
of cutting through some spot welds and prying it off?

If I am foolish, I may decide to replace the entire rear valence (the
curved panel beneath the rear bumper).
As anyone ever done that?  Is the repro panel any good?

Thanks,
Doug