[Spits] Oil Pump Priming-Maybe a dumb question

Daniel Parrott parrotthead01 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 28 16:27:32 MDT 2012

I'm getting ready to fire up the engine in my Spit 6 Project car and was
about to use a drill to prime the oil pump.  I removed the dizzy and found
the gear, still mated to the cam shaft.  I guess I need to remove the gear
and lower shaft to get to the upper end of the oil pump.  True?  Is there a
special Triumph-specific oil pump priming tool to attach to the oil pump?

Making sure I don't make a dumb mistake. (again)

Dan Parrott

Savannah, Georgia

1980 Triumph Spitfire "PJ", AKA "Rat"

1973/1978 Spit Six "Joseph"