[Spits] Replacement transmissin synchro problems -

Jim Holmgren jholmgren at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 10:24:08 MDT 2010

I can second that.  My rebuilt OD transmission (rebuilt by a well-know shop)
has the 'new' synchros.  2nd to 3rd cannot be done quickly without some
major grindage.

When I rebuilt my old 4-speed about 3 years ago, we had a pile of both "new"
and NOS synchros on the bench and you could actually tell by manually
twisting them with the respective gear which ones were new and which were
NOS, even though they looked identical to the naked eye.  The NOS synchros
would grab very nicely, the new ones would slip.

Unfortunately I have not heard anything recently about the situation
improving.

Jim