[Spits] Stuck Rear Trunion Bolt

Matthew Milkevitch mmilkevitch at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 16:41:50 MDT 2010

Fellow Listers;
I hope everyone has had a pleasant day enjoying their Spitfires.  The weather
today in the Phila PA region has been very nice for top-down motoring.
While working on my Spitfire's rear suspension, I have encountered a very
stuck left rear trunion bolt.  I've banged on it a while and it refuses to
budge.
My next idea is to heat the bolt and see if it will come free.  Does anyone
else have a suggestion to free up this bolt?  If it won't come free I'll be
forced to look for a used unit.
If I remember correctly, another lister also encountered this problem very
recently....so perhaps there's someone out there with some ideas for this
issue.
Thanks for your help,
Matt Milkevitch'77 SpitfireWillow Grove, PA USA