[Spits] OD question

Kevin Rhodes krhodes1 at maine.rr.com
Thu Aug 13 11:56:46 MDT 2009

The transmission will bolt on to the motor, but the transmission
mount is different, and the driveshaft for the O/D trans is
considerably shorter.

My car has a '77 chassis and O/D transmission, but a '69 1296 motor.
I needed a '74 flywheel to mate the engine and transmission
correctly. '74 had the smaller crank bolts but the right clutch
diameter. So I think there will be no issues going from '75 to '76.

Kevin Rhodes
Westbrook, Maine
Freddy the mongrel Spitfire