[Spits] fixing gearbox leaks

Doug Braun doug at dougbraun.com
Thu Sep 4 19:31:38 MDT 2008

My 3-rail gearbox has been leaking for years, and I
have not been able to completely eliminate the
problem.  It leaves a little puddle of gear oil on my
garage floor.

The engine, on the other had, hardly leaks at all.

I did do one non-obvious fix that reduced the leaking:
 I replaced the O-ring seals where the three shifter
rails pass through holes in the front of the gearbox
cover.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit