[Spits] Timing chain cover nut

OKCSpitfire OKCSpitfire at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 7 21:52:23 MST 2008

Does any one have a way to remove the crankshaft bolt in front of the timing
chain. I went to Harbor Freight to get a socket set that had a socket big
enough to fit the bolt 1-13/16". Who in their right mind would have put that
size of bolt on a freaking 4 cylinder engine. I have visited the Brits sites
and they seem to have a relatively low opinion of Americans but I am
beginning to wonder about their ingenuity. They build cars that rust at
will, they make them to where you can't get the hubs off the rear axles and
now I have discovered that they assume the mighty little 4 cylinder engine
has as much torque as a Detroit diesel so the used a huge bolt that also
can't be removed. So once again I must turn to the British bucket guru's to
see if anyone here has any suggestions as to how to remove the bolt so I can
get the timing cover off to replace the timing chain. Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advanced
OKCSpitfire

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
11:46 AM