[Spits] [TR] [6pack] Emissions in the future-is retrofitting possible?

Nolan foxtrapper at aceweb.com
Wed Jan 2 06:48:49 MST 2008

Huh, wonder which things SEMA is claiming victory on in Maryland.

We had a bill (HB1267)  to allow cars 25 years old and more to be exempted
from testing.  Current law requires testing for anything after 1976.  That
bill didn't make it out of committee.  Is SEMA claiming that as a victory?

In previous years, SEMA submitted bills to eliminate our existing exemptions
for historic cars and such, and to completely eliminate the streetrod
category of license plates.  Thankfully, SEMA lost those, with some lobbying
help from me and others against SEMAs attempt to restrict the heck out of
hotrods and such.

Keep your eyes open with SEMA.  They don't seem to research things much when
they go off on a crusade.  And once they are crusading, no facts or existing
laws will sway them from their course.