[Spits] OT: Trabant

Kevin Rhodes krhodes1 at maine.rr.com
Wed Dec 31 08:20:50 MST 2008

I owned one for a summer in Budapest, summer of '91. I was spending
the summer with a college friend from there, we bought it together
for ~$1000, and sold it for the same at the end of the summer. 2 cyl,
2-stroke, about 2 mouse-power. It would wind up to ~110km/hr
eventually. The body is made of some sort of wood pulp and resin -
you could easily kick a hole in it. A complete and utter deathtrap of
a car, but we had a ball with it. Reliable too. Not much to break.
:-) Wartburgs are far better, those had three cylinders and a METAL
body! But more expensive.

Kevin Rhodes
Westbrook, Maine