[Spits] 79 Spitfire with SU carbs

mark.jones at exxonmobil.com mark.jones at exxonmobil.com
Thu Jun 28 13:05:11 MDT 2007

I replaced my 80 Spitfire's original mechanical fuel pump last year due to
it leaking from several parts of it's body onto the starter motor.  I have
been suspicious for some time that it was sending too much pressure to the
carbs, especially at idle.

Your problem sure sounds like an air leak to me.  Did you replace the
exhaust/inlet to head gasket?

Mark