[Spits] Radio problems

S1500 s1500 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 28 12:13:54 MDT 2007

I took my Spit out just to get the cobwebs out(due to me not insuring it
this year), and it drove better than ever. Some intentional shifting at
high rpms(drivin' it hard) resulted in zero slippage of the clutch.

Which leads me to a problem I'm almost grateful to have: the radio is
now on the fritz. If I keep it at low volume, it works. If I try to dare
move it up in volume, I hear nothing but a faint ticking sound.

Know what it might be? Friend said the rheostat that is the volume
control is the problem. Would squirting some WD-40 inside it fix it, or
just make a big 'ol mess? The wiring is in great shape, having checked
it a few times and fixing any breakages when I put the transmission back
in.