[Spits] 79 Spitfire with SU carbs

David Woerpel dwoerpel at wi.net
Wed Jun 27 23:43:35 MDT 2007

Thanks to all who have responded.  We've ordered some parts and made
some calls.  Joe Curto told me that he's had a few TR's come in with
after-market MECHANICAL pumps that are putting out too high a pressure.
Anyone else run into that?  We'll put the old pump back on or get a good
regulator and gauge.   The carbs are FZX 1258's which calls for a
standard metering needle of "ABT".  Also, I hate to admit I didn't
notice that there were no piston springs (I'm used to working on H1's
for the Bugeye which have no springs but I should have caught that
anyway...duh.)

Given the fact that the car is desmogged is the timing still 10* BTDC?

Neil, I'm not sure what you mean by "reversion" issues?  I shall find
the answers to your questions.

Again thanks for the help...we'll see what Thursday brings!
Dave