[Spits] Moisture from a concrete floor?

Nolan foxtrapper at ispwest.com
Tue Jun 26 08:57:08 MDT 2007

Concrete slabs certainly do wick vapors and moisture.  The classic test is
to place board or such on the floor and let it sit for a few days, then pick
it up.  If the floor and board are wet, well, you know the answer.

Now generally a car sits on its tires with several inches of clearance off
the slab, so water isn't a problem.  And, being in Oklahoma, you've got even
less water issues.  So I wouldn't be worried about it.

This is really an issue for people trying to finish a basement.  If you glue
floor tiles down to the slab they tend to pop off.  Otherwise, just consider
how the bare steel power tools and such look after many years in the
basement or in the shop.