[Spits] GT6 Bump Steer

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Tue Aug 14 23:01:54 MDT 2007

On 14 Aug 2007 at 20:35, ptegler at cablespeed.com wrote:

> ??? bump steer?  ... I can't say I've EVER notice bump steer as
> an issue.

Nor can I.  Been driving a Spitfire for 20 years and a GT6 for maybe
5 and I've never felt anything I'd worry about like that.

Bump steer could happen if the length of the tie rod isn't the same
as the effective A-arm length at that height, or if the outer end of
the tie rod doesn't follow a similar arc as the A-arms.  I've never
bothred to measure things like that but my memory says they aren't
far out of whack if they are at all.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com