[Shop-talk] [TR] Scissor Lift

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Mon May 6 12:39:32 MDT 2024

On Sun, May 5, 2024 at 7:53 PM Greg Schuett <tr4boy at att.net> wrote:

> Hi,  Ben,
>
> My quick jack ( https://www.quickjack.com/?gad_source=1) has worked very
> well for me and my TR-4. I have the 5000 model.

Hi Greg,

I was looking at these today, as my local big box home store (Lowe's) has
them on sale for an attractive price, plus I get an additional 5% off.

 I note that you have placed it inboard of the tires - I had given up on
the 5000 model because it won't fit at the jacking points.  Do you find the
stability of the raised car to be questionable with the jacks closer to the
center?

I also have a Spitfire,and the same problem appears in spades.  I'm not
sure if even the 3500 would fit the jacking points on that car.

-- Jeff