[Shop-talk] battery exploded ???

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Sat Oct 7 06:53:19 MDT 2023

Was it stored inside or outside?  When was the last time you looked at it
(was there lots of freezing temps since then?)  Looking at the pics, is it
possible that something heavy fell on the battery?  I'm not sure (from the
limited photo) that this was an explosive event.

FWIW, I used to always buy my batteries at Walmart (this is where you got
this one, right?)  However, a few years ago, I had problem after problem
with the batteries and the last time, Walmart wouldn't even except the
shot battery they sold me just about 20 mins before!  The idiots behind
the counter didn't know how to use their tester, and they say they
couldn't return the battery without a 'failed' test.  Note, I was helping
someone with a car that was disabled in a parking lots so I didn't have
time to take it to my shop and properly test and charge it.

That was the last battery I ever bought from a Walmart.  You (and others
here) might want to take these photos and my story to hart.  8>)

Moose