[Shop-talk] Cutting canvas rolls?

Shannah Miller shannahquilts at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 17:14:39 MDT 2023

Cutting fabric, especially canvas, is probably easiest
with a non-toothed blade.  Scissors, or rotary cutter are
common.  Thing is, you'd need something to cut against.
I assume she doesn't want to unroll it?

In that case, I would use the finest blade you can get
for the Sawzall.  Bosch makes a 9 inch 24tpi blade that
might be just fine.  Cutting through a 12 inch diameter
roll would need some planning.

Shannah