[Shop-talk] Tire Pressure Gauges

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Mon May 30 10:27:46 MDT 2022

There is a very easy way that I calibrated all my TPG.

Go to a trusted mechanic that you are friendly with.  Ask him if he has a
calibrated gauge.  (He most likely does.)

Then, check all your tires.  Then, check your tires with your gauges.
Compare the readings.

I found that my 'accu-read' is spot on.  My cheap HF ones are within a
PSI.  I make a note like "reads +1PSI" on the gauge and I'm good to go.

I do this about once every 3 or 4 years.  I have noticed no read drift of
the gauges.

Then, give your buddy a 6-pack/gift card/ whatever token you have of
appreciation.

Moose