[Shop-talk] Battery powered chain saws

Ronnie Day ronnie.day at gmail.com
Sat May 7 10:57:50 MDT 2022

We're considering buying one of the above pieces of equipment. We live on
10 heavily wooded acres and while we already have a couple of Stihl gas
models, we want something lighter and easier to use for limbing and cleanup
after a tree has been dropped. Something in the 16 inch range. We'll need
at least two heavy duty batteries.

We have an Ego battery weed eater that we like, but the Consumer Reports
user  comments cite a problem with keeping the Ego chain saw chain on the
bar, requiring frequent "fixes", and I don't want that PITA. We have a
Ryobi One model and a bunch of batteries, but it's far too light duty for
our needs. We want battery power since we'll often be too far away from
power to use an extension crn.

Thought I'd see what experience those in the group have had.

TIA,
RD