[Shop-talk] HP M110we printer drivers

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 08:26:37 MDT 2022

>  I now have about 400 passwords, and I'm supposed to remember them?

I have a password system that allows me to create a unique password for
each site, but I can figure out what it is by the system if I have
forgotten it.  I keep a list for backup (on paper), but this has served me
well.  Obviously I don't want to go into too much detail, but everything
that needs a password has one unique feature, and one feature tying it to a
group.  Since you all are clever people, you can figure something out.  Add
a common element to make the passwords long enough (passphrase or acronym)
and you are good to go.  You wind up with some combination of  [common part
+ group part + unique part]  The hardest part is changing all the passwords!

And after a 35 year career as an engineer with one foot in the IT world, I
am amused to say that it was my 80-year-old father who provided me with the
system.  I'm not sure I ever would have thought of it on my own.  I don't
know where he got it from, but I'm grateful for how much easier my modern
life is.