[Shop-talk] Tire Pressure Gauges

Tom Coradeschi tjcora at icloud.com
Wed Jun 1 21:25:44 MDT 2022

Um. A mechanic with a calibrated gauge? I’m not thinking so. He (or she) has got the one he bought from the Snap-On/Mac/Marco truck and when it goes wonky on him, he buys a new one.

If your mechanic claims to have a calibrated gauge, ask where it was calibrated and to see the cal cert traceable to NIST. And don’t hold your breath.

One of our labs does calibration of the high pressure, fast response pressure transducers they use. It’s a nontrivial operation.

Tom Coradeschi
Tjcora at icloud.com