[Shop-talk] shop computer question

Peter Murray peterwmurray at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 10:48:26 MDT 2022

Don't forget about the FM transmitter option - just connect to the audio
output of your laptop and select a good frequency. No fancy Bluetooth
needed, and the FM transmitter should also have more range than the
Bluetooth, too!

Also, Bluetooth is nowhere close to saturating USB 2.0. Any USB Bluetooth
adapter that claims USB 3.0 compatibility will have USB 2.0 compatibility.

Old laptops running XP should be converted to Linux. XP is a serious
liability at this point. If you're concerned about making the switch, try a
Live version, which boots from a USB drive (or CD). Happy to help with that.

-Peter