[Shop-talk] Electronic Parking Brakes

Arvid Jedlicka arvidj999 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 17:13:36 MDT 2022

I know that on my Golf you need to disable\retract the electronic parking
brake via an app that plugs into the OBD connector before doing any work on
the brakes. Failure to do so and just forcing the pistons back to install
ne pads will damage the parking break mechanism.

I suspect that may be what happened here.