[Shop-talk] changing times...

Donald H Locker dhlocker at protonmail.com
Tue Apr 19 03:40:11 MDT 2022

The friend is definitely not "ripping off" the charity. The charity
doesn't have time, knowledge, or money to sell that gear; they would
never recoup the costs necessary to bring in sufficient employees to vet
and market the occasional "gems" that show up at random times in random
categories.

The friend's purchase of gear from the charity fills the charity's
coffers at low cost to the charity. The friend adds their knowledge and
skill to re-market the items and make a little profit as well. Both win.

Donald.