[Shop-talk] Electrical question

Thomas Coradeschi tjcora at icloud.com
Sun Nov 28 07:36:50 MST 2021

So, the code requirements, generally speaking, are that you be compliant with the version of the NEC a the time of the installation. You don’t need to change how your house, appliances, etc are wired as the NEC changes. If you’re installing a new stove, then that would be a different story.

That notwithstanding, you need to get yourself a 4 prong receptacle and connector to correctly wire your 240V stove. Neutral and ground require their own connections. Or, you can revert back to what you had (again, assuming that this is not a new installation).

You would also maybe want to confirm that this NEC change (latest version is the 2020 edition) is for real. https://www.nfpa.org/ will give you free access to NFPA 70, once you register for an account.

—
Tom Coradeschi
tjcora at icloud.com