[Shop-talk] Utility bodies for truck beds

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Mon Nov 1 10:52:32 MDT 2021

Groupthink-

Does anyone here have experience with utility bodies and how to know which
ones fit on what trucks?  Or if they are interchangeable?

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 dually with a long bed (8').  Many of the
utility bodies are listed as 9'.  Will they work?

Is the distance between the cab and axle (and between wheels) the only
real important measures?

I'm looking to put on a used bed (there are quite a few around that are
affordable.) but I don't know how to tell if they will work.

Is there a table to cross reference?

Or do you buy the body and 'fab up' any mounts?

I'm getting to the limit of my budget on this project and I want to find
affordable options.

Thanks!