[Shop-talk] What's the deal with impact torx sockets?

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Sun May 30 18:39:43 MDT 2021

That is what I'm looking for, 1/2" drive.  But I'll take anything that
works.

From:   Jim Franklin <jamesf at groupwbench.org>
To:     eric at megageek.com
Cc:     Shop-talk at autox.team.net
Date:   05/30/2021 10:03 AM
Subject:        Re: [Shop-talk] What's the deal with impact torx sockets?

One (useful) thing that occurs to me though, have you tried 1/2" drive
instead of 3/8"?

jim

On May 30, 2021, at 9:46 AM, Jim Franklin <jamesf at groupwbench.org> wrote:

While I've never seen an impact Torx set, I still have the dent in my
forehead from the floor jack handle I was using as leverage on a Torx
bolt...  I don't remember what broke, or much else from that day :-)

jim