[Shop-talk] Mower blade orientaaion relative to piston

DAVID MASSEY dave1massey at cs.com
Wed May 19 07:46:41 MDT 2021

 Like I said, I would be mildly surprised.  Knowing how hard they work to squeeze every penny out of a high-volume product I could see that happening.

That Pertronix sensor must be a precision device to be that critical on the magnetic circuit.  The old school parts had a magnet wheel that slipped over the shaft.  The Crane on my TR6 uses a light-based interrupter wheel.  It has worked flawlessly for the past 20-odd years.  But I have an Allison on my TR8.  We'll see how well it holds up.

Dave