[Shop-talk] electric trailer jacks

Mark Andy marka at maracing.com
Mon May 17 21:34:59 MDT 2021

Howdy,

I don't know anything about electric trailer jack ratings, but I would
assume the load it sees would be a bit less than the actual load at the
trailer ball, since its closer to the wheels/pivot point of the trailer.

I've always heard 10% as the absolute minimum for tongue weight.  If you
were getting sway, I'd move the load forward a bit regardless to see if
that helped.

A friction sway control is super cheap... $30 for one at Horrible Freight.
No question I'd add one as insurance.

Mark