[Shop-talk] Driveway Motion alarm question

Pat Horne patintexas at icloud.com
Wed May 12 09:43:13 MDT 2021

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer?

Might try moving it to the opposite side of the driveway.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne
We support Habitat for Humanity

On May 12, 2021, at 10:22 AM, eric at megageek.com wrote:

I have a driveway motion alarm that has work well for years.  Recently, I had work on the house and had to move it.

Now, I get a lot of false alarms on sunny days.  It's (I believe) an infrared system.  The sensor just puts out a beam and does not require a reflector.

The new location is slight higher (about 1') than the old location and moved down a bit.  I can't put it back in the old location do to the changes.

If I put the sensor indoors, it works perfectly.  It also works perfectly at night or during rain.

The side opposite the sensor is a slight hill with grass.  I have completely removed all the grass to make sure that wasn't setting it off.

It seems to get false alarms for about an hour during midday on sunny days.

So it seems the sun as something to do with it, but what?  Any ideas I can try to stop the false alarms?

Thanks.

Shop-talk at autox.team.net