[Shop-talk] [OT] Unbelievable

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon May 3 22:01:42 MDT 2021

Pardon me, I just gotta vent. Not being able to find these plumbing
pieces at HD and Lowe's--even though their websites said they had
bunches in stock--and at a plumbing supply, I finally broke down and
ordered from Lowe's (2"<->2" elbow, external thread to slip joint, and a
1.5" plug, for a different application). So, after FedEx apparently
lost, then found, the shipment they showed up today. One problem: the
jackass that packed them jammed the 1.5" plug into the threaded end of
the elbow so hard it may be impossible to remove it without breaking the
elbow. I'll get it in a vice when I get to my shop tomorrow, but there's
no guarantee of successful extraction.

I get it; working the line at a warehouse is a shit job, but someone
went out of their way to do this. I usually apply Hanlon's Razor--"Don't
attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence"--but
the plug is jammed in the elbow so hard someone really had to work at
it. I hope it felt good.

Vent mode off.

Bob