[Shop-talk] Cordless drill/screw driver

Thomas Coradeschi tjcora at icloud.com
Sun Jan 10 09:13:50 MST 2021

I’ve become a big fan of Milwaukee 18V.

I have a corded Milwaukee circular saw that I picked up at an estate sale years ago for maybe 10 bucks, which I simply can’t kill, but had started down the cordless road with a DeWalt 12V drill.

When that reached end of life - probably 10-12 years ago - my wife bought me a Milwaukee.

Since then, I have added a circular saw and an oscillating saw. All use common batteries, so didn’t even bother getting batteries or charger with the oscillating saw (as I already have 4 batteries and 2 chargers).

For what I do, the batteries charge faster than I can run them down (1 on the tool, 1 in the charger), so I can work a full day without that being an issue.

My $0.02.

Tom Coradeschi
tjcora at icloud.com