[Shop-talk] Replacement florescent bulbs F42T6

Paul Parkanzky parkanzky at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 07:29:22 MST 2021

I've long since tossed the receipt and burned the box but I'm pretty sure
these are them:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-Color-Correct-Technology-32-Watt-EQ-48-in-Daylight-Linear-LED-Tube-Light-Bulb-2-Pack/5000197453

The laundry/utility room in my cottage has a 4' fluorescent fixture and
when I bought the place that light really struggled to come on (I'd have to
toggle the switch five or six times to get it to work). I was at Lowe's
with a buddy who was helping me with little projects around the place and I
had a new fixture on my shopping list. I was looking at a bunch and didn't
really like what they had. I told him I'd just buy something from Amazon
when he pointed these out and I decided to give them a shot. I honestly
thought I'd have to return them but it really was as easy as putting them
in and they worked.

I have a bunch of 4' fluorescent fixtures in my barn. I  bought a bunch of
4' LED fixtures and I was in the process of swapping them out but now I'm
definitely getting these bulbs where there are still existing fixtures. I
feel stupid for all the fixtures I've thrown out over the past few years!

-Paul