[Shop-talk] Lighting question

Peter Murray peterwmurray at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 13:47:48 MDT 2021

If you're wedded to the fixture, then a ballast or switch could fix that
issue. If you just want the light to work, perhaps one of these 2' X 2' LED
ceiling fixtures would be an easy (no paintwork needed) replacement:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Lithonia-Lighting-2-ft-x-2-ft-LL-CPANL-LED-Flat-Panel-with-3300-Lumens-and-3500-to-5000K-Switchable-CCT-with-Direct-Ceiling-Mount-Bracket/5001878521

My MiL had one installed in her kitchen (replaced a 2' X 4' fluorescent)
and it works incredibly well. Color temperature is adjustable to suit your
desires.

-Peter