[Shop-talk] mini-split or window unit ?

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Tue Apr 20 11:12:37 MDT 2021

Mike, last march I installed a mini-split in my bedroom.  It was
professionally sourced and installed (Carrer)

I LOVE that thing.  While it was only sized for my bedroom, I can cool the
entire upstairs with it and even provide cooling for the downstairs.

So, I looked at my shop (2600SQFT) and thought I could put one in there.

I bought one from Walmart (the largest one I could find) and installed it
myself.   It is a really easy deal.  I did have a buddy help me with the
vacuum lines when i was done.
 Now I will never consider a window mount unit, EVER!  I had them in there
for years, super loud, poor cooling (and a blast fan), terrible
inefficent.  Not to mention couldn't really seal the window from incects.
Also, the need to put it in and take it out all the time.  No more.

I'm a mini split convert.

The ONLY downside, is that if it is a nice cool day outside, they can't
blow that air in the house.  But I can use another fan for those times.

Enjoy!

Moose