[Shop-talk] Square D QO breaker Box

Jack Brooks JIBrooks at live.com
Wed Apr 14 15:10:57 MDT 2021

All,

From a Sprinter forum I learned have two good choices.

  1.  I can use a heavy cable between the two breaker lugs, strip a portion of the wire in the center of the run and use a Split Bolt Bonding Connector https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009OMIN7C/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1GAF1H4JQJZXC&psc=1 to join the incoming lead to the other cable where I would have stripped a section of  the center of the cable.  This uninsulated split bolt would need to be taped, etc., to protect it.

  1.  Alternatively, I can use an insulated Multi-Cable Connector, like this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GDFXC6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
Wago connectors are available for smaller circuits. They are simple click on/off connectors, but only go down to 10 AWG.

I’m still debating which one to pick, but I like both of these options.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.

Jack