[Shop-talk] Kitchen vent hood?

Pat Horne patintexas at icloud.com
Sat Sep 19 11:04:49 MDT 2020

Agreed. Down will work too. Here in Texas we build primarily on slabs so there is no “down” that works for us.

You really need to pay attention to the duct. The more transitions & bends, as well as length can really affect the air flow. Keep it as short & direct as possible for best air flow.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne
We support Habitat for Humanity

On Sep 19, 2020, at 11:49 AM, Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 12:17 PM Pat Horne <patintexas at icloud.com> wrote:
>
> Now, because you want some serious venting, wall venting may not work for you unless you can go vertically unto the attic, then out through a gable end wall.

My vent hood looks like it goes out the roof, but there's another story above the kitchen.  Instead, it goes into a 3" by 14" duct that gows down through the stud bay and into the crawl space and outside through a grill on the exterior wall (under the deck, as it happens).

Many ways to route the vent; some of them are more involved than others.  A remote fan sounds interesting.

Shop-talk at autox.team.net