[Shop-talk] Balancing wheels

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 19:24:12 MDT 2020

Two thoughts:

I have some really good foam tape - maybe 3M?  You can find it in all the
usual places.

I was always under the impression that new tires had a stamp thar indicated
either the heavy spot or the light spot - it was meant to be mounted next
to the valve stem.  That was supposed to minimize the amount of additional
weight that needed to be applied.  It's been 40 years since I balanced a
tire, though - things may have changed.