[Shop-talk] Offset handle cutting tools

Karl Vacek stearman809 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 13:20:15 MST 2020

I've had my entire roof foamed with closed cell.  I didn't bother the
workers during the installation because the supervisor assured me they'd
tarp everything, and there's a little smell if you're in the vapor while
it's being applied.  Imagine my delight when they not only got foam on
every possible surface, but used the stack of new 3/4 T&G fir plywood (that
was up there for me to install a floor when they finished) as their drop
cloths.  Still waiting for them to return and clean it up.  Not going to
happen.

I used my cheap Horrible Freight multi tool with the plain scraping blade
to clean off their mess from the plywood and joist tops and it's pretty fast.

PS 7 to 8 inches of closed cell foam under the roof is pretty much a
miracle as far as insulation.  Fire retardant, glues everything together,
keeps heat in and also summer heat out.  One thing - it's hard stuff and
thus NOT sound absorbent.  We actually hear the rain on the roof better
now.  Not a bad thing.

Karl