[Shop-talk] Shop air line pressure

old dirtbeard dirtbeard at gmail.com
Sun May 31 14:04:11 MDT 2020

I used to run my airlines all at 125 psi as it provided snappy performance,
but I had hose reel fittings (the rotating style) start to leak. Once I
replaced most of them, I used  a pretty good 1/2" regulator to set the
lines to 75 psi and have not had any problems.

I think that most all air tools call for a 90 psi max running pressure
(e.g., Aircat, IR, etc.).

75 psi works fine for most things, and if I need to boost it for a
sandblaster or or something, I do it on the exception basis.

best,

doug