[Shop-talk] moving computer files

old dirtbeard dirtbeard at gmail.com
Wed May 27 11:28:56 MDT 2020

Hi all,

 It may already have been said, but I would recommend moving all file
storage to One Drive or Google Drive, or some other cloud storage.

   1. The next time you have a hardware failure, you would not be going
   through any of this trouble.
   2. It is encrypted, safe and secure.
   3. It is available from any device that you own.
   4. It is backed-up.
   5. For smaller storage, it is free, for larger storage, it is very
   economical.

For what it is worth, I am an IT professional with over 30 years experience
and currently am the CIO of a 70K person organization. We are using cloud
storage for our enterprise operations for the reasons I stated above.

I also use One Drive for all of my personal data storage as it integrates
so well with O365.

Google Drive did perform a little faster in the last benchmarks we did, but
if you are in a MS environment, One Drive is very hard to beat.

best,

doug