[Shop-talk] moving computer files

Pat Horne patintexas at icloud.com
Wed May 27 07:18:59 MDT 2020

John,

I went through the exact same thing myself. It’s been several months & things are not complete yet.

“They” say that all you need to do is transfer the files. It didn’t work for me. Plenty of user security problems that I haven’t gotten past. All software needed to be reinstalled.

If there isn’t a place to connect your old drive inside you can use an external usb enclosure. They are cheap.

If I had known the trouble I had, I would have taken it to a pro.

I set my machine up to dual boot 7 & 10 so I could work while moving things over.

I hadn’t  used 10 before, & I had a significant learning curve.

Good luck.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne