[Shop-talk] Silicone brake fluid

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat May 16 09:33:27 MDT 2020

Agree.  Usually, the recommended solvent is denatured alcohol (ethanol
spiked with chemicals to make it undrinkable--well, you /could /drink
it, but you wouldn't be a happy camper).  I used it to flush my
Austin-Healey 3000's system decades ago and silicone has been in ever
since with no issues (that I could attribute to the DoT 5).