[Shop-talk] Thanks and new question about welding helmet.

John T. Blair jblair1948 at cox.net
Thu May 7 13:56:28 MDT 2020

At 12:41 PM 5/7/2020, Eric via Shop-talk wrote:

 >My auto darkening helmet has been acting weird. It darkens fine, but takes
 >a long time to lighten. I put new batteries in it and tried the
'delay' setting
 >with no luck. It's a pain as I'm doing lots of tack welds and I have to wait
 >to see where I'm doing the next one each time.

Eric,

I don't know that I'd worry about it.  HarborFreight has the auto
darkening helmets
starting at about $50.  I bought an auto darkening insert, for my
standard helmet,
when they first came out say about 20 yrs ago.  I also bought a Harbor Freight
auto darkening helmet for my son to use.  I have no complaints about the HF
helmet and the spec.s are as good as the high end insert I bought for
well over
2x the price and 15 yrs before.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net

                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/morgan
Bricklin:     www.bricklin.org

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction