[Shop-talk] Thanks and new question about welding helmet.

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Thu May 7 09:19:54 MDT 2020

First, I want to thank Donald for helping me find those wheels.  It seems
that only Norton makes them and they are only available as a 5ct pack for
>$100.  ( I only found them for sale in two places.)  I did order a set
and they will be here tomorrow.

Now I do have another question.
My auto darkening helmet has been acting weird.  It darkens fine, but
takes a long time to lighten.  I put new batteries in it and tried the
'delay' setting with no luck.  It's a pain as I'm doing lots of tack welds
and I have to wait to see where I'm doing the next one each time.

One note, I notice that if I look at a normal ceiling light, it lightens
immediately.

Any ideas what can be causing this or how to fix it?  It's a Hobart, so
it's not a cheapie.

Thanks.

Waldo Emerson
-Who is John Galt?